Tuesday, December 9, 2008

One of a kind . . . and definitely creative

I was soundly chided this evening for not putting a picture of my dad's hat on the blog. Although I thought I had, it seems that it was all my imagination and in actuality I have not made that big of a deal out of it. To make up for it, I have decided to dedicate a whole post to this hat and the maker.

My dad, very sweetly, said that he would make a hat for the James 2 Project. He was one of the two men that even dared to spend the time in making a well-made hat for a needy child. Since he has been learning how to sew fur, a very Alaskan thing to do, he decided to make a fur hat for the project. He also added pompoms to the end of the tassels. The hat was made out of an old wool coat my mom used to have, and rabbit fur that he bought from a fur store in (the great state of) Montana. Of course, this rabbit fur was only quality and had no thin places on it. Somewhere, some little boy will greatly enjoy this hat!

No comments: