Drumroll please . . . . . . . . We are now, officially, announcing, the restart of the JAMES 2 PROJECT!
Things have changed a bit, but are mostly the same. I've got a fun idea up my sleeve, but that's going to stay a secret for a while until I know that it will work. If you decide you would like to help out, please comment below or email me so that I can keep a running tab.
Here's what's up with the project:
Last year, I asked girls to help me collect 200 hats for children in hospitals and orphanages overseas. Samaritan’s Purse had kindly agreed to distribute the hats for me. By the time I had collected all of the hats, I had 380 something hats! It totally amazed and humbled me that God would take an idea of mine and turn it into such a huge success for his kingdom. This year, I would like to do the same thing. I am asking that, if you are willing, you get involved in this project and donate hats. Even if you don’t know how to knit/crochet/sew, maybe you could get someone to teach you. It’s a great way to learn a life skill. Here are some guidelines to try to follow when making the hats.
1) Only use new materials (something with customs doesn’t let us use old materials)
2) If you add anything extra to the hats such as buttons, pompoms etc please keep in mind the age of the children (2 year olds could choke on buttons)
3) Use your creativity! These kids have absolutely nothing, and a fun hat would be loved!
4) Make your work good and your materials quality so the hat doesn't fall apart after one use. I’m not calling for perfection, but tie your knots tight and tack those hats together really well with thread or yarn.
5) Get your friends or even your church involved! It is a great way to get to know people, and to make good memories!
6) And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. ~ Colossians 3:17
So, here is the plan.
I would like all of the hats sent to me by November 27, 2009. This is kind of important so that I can send all of the hats out together. Please post below if you are interested in helping out in any way at all.
Boys, if you don’t want to sew, that’s ok, but maybe you could encourage your mom’s, sisters, and other women you know to do this project. If you don’t mind doing needle work, good for you! I will look forward to seeing what kinds of hats guys make. After you have made your hat(s) and you want to send them to me, PM me and I will get you my address.
I am not going to ask Samaritan’s Purse to help this year. Instead, I am going to work on finding a missionary who works somewhere cold and near an orphanage. I am then going to write them and ask them if they will take the hats and distribute them to the orphanage for us. I think this is a good way to do it so that we know exactly where the hats are going and what the children’s conditions are. I will update as I get information on who this is going to be.
If there are any questions at all please let me know. This is a big project and I forget to mention things, so I really appreciate your help!
“What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, ‘Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,’ but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” ~James 2: 14-17 NKJV
NOTE: Ok, so I'm having some trouble with my rebelution account, but hopefully that will get fixed soon. Rebelutionaries, if you happen to check on this blog please comment below so that I know you are still with us.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment