Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reading Time!

When I was in California attending The Master's College, I had the great privilege of going to an adoption conference held at Grace Community Church. I wasn't really sure what I was going to find there, but it did succeed in informing me a little more about what an adoption process is really like. I think the best thing I walked away with though was this book called Adopted For Life.



*Big Confession!*
Now truth be told, I haven't even read the book yet! I know, I got it like 4 months ago or something, have gotten 3 other people to read it, but haven't read it myself yet . . . . that's about as bad as it gets. My weakness lies in the faith I have for the leadership at Grace Community Church. I mean, John Macarthur's church recommends a book, it's got to be good! Also, C. J. Mahaney wrote the forward (I think is what it was). As I said before I haven't read it :) Anyway, I am now bound and determined to read it. My brother has read it, my mom and dad are almost done reading it, and they are exhorting me to read it also. Actually, I was more like commanded to read it. So here I go. If you want, you can read it too. I have been told by those who have read it that it is not a bunch of new "oh my word that's amazing" sort of information, but Russell Moore does address some big issues that come up in adoption and he delves into the heart of adoption and what it really is. Adoption is immersed in sin because the reason kids are given up is that sin has taken over in one way or another. Sad sad sad. The book also shares his story of adopting his two sons. I will try to blog a little about the book as I go through it. If you too would like to read this book, you can get it on amazon as a soft back or a kindle edition (if you are really techy).

No comments: