Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THE CONTEST

We are going to hold contests for The James 2 Project! Here are 9 categories that I would love for you all to try to win. Not only could you win a prize, but you are going to be making your hats really fun for these kids.


Here are the categories for the contest!

Drumroll please . . . .

#1 Most one of a kind
This prize is for the hat that no-one could reproduce. Please don’t think about making this kind of hat, we’ll just see what comes in. I’m sure without meaning to some lucky person will succeed in this task

#2 Most durable
This prize will go to the hat that is made really well. That does not mean perfectly, but a strong hat. I should be able to do just about anything to this hat and it should not fall apart or be any worse for wear.

#3 Most elaborate
This prize is pretty self explanatory. Do whatever you think you need to do to make your hat elaborate.

#4 Most creative
This prize will go to the out-of-the-ordinary hat that reflects your creativity. It can be a made up pattern or one you borrowed, but it should stand out to me as different.

#5 Best appliqué
This prize will go to the hat with the best appliqué. Best could be judged by quality, texture, and, of course, what the appliqué(s) actually is.

#6 The Greenhorn award
This prize will go to the best hat made by a first-timer. To qualify for this contest, you must mark the first hat that you ever made when you send it in.

#7 The Giddy up Award
This prize will go to the best good ol’ western hat. Or as Joseph says, “In other words, one that makes you want to get up and go ride a mule!”

#8 Hat that most looks like Brett Harris’.
I personally haven’t been able to go to any of the conferences, but I did see a picture of Brett Harris with a hat on at one of the conferences (Dallas one I think?) When I find that picture again, I’ll make sure to come back and post the link so you all know what you’re trying to replicate.

Oh, and it wasn’t hand made, just so you know . . . it was just a hat . . . so replicating it should be fun

#9 Socc-it to me award
Soccer is the most common sport in the Ukraine, so we’re going to award the person who has the best soccer-themed hat.


Awards include:

2 books donated by John Piper titled Filling up the Afflictions of Christ

3 books donated by the girltalkers titled Girltalk, Feminine Appeal, and Shopping for Time

3 books donated by John MacArthur titled Safe in the Arms of God, a dual book with both

12 Extraordinary Women and 12 Ordinary Men, and A Simple Christianity

2 books donated by Josh Harris titled Boy Meets Girl and Stop Dating the Church

2 books donated by CJ Mahaney titled Humility

2 books donated by John Piper entitled Filling up the Afflictions of Christ

Names and absolute numbers of these will be updated. I’ll just come back and edit this post when I get all of the information. I am hoping to hear from a couple of other writers too, but we’ll see. So, if I were you I would be working hard to make these hats super fun looking so that you can bless the child it goes to and maybe win a prize! Have fun everyone!

No comments: