Most Durable: There was no duct tape hats or anything like that (just kidding, I don’t really want duct tape hats) so this prize was a little harder. I’m going to have to give this award to Annable Zandi for one of her knifty knitter hats. I know quite a few of you made those kind of hats, but she made the most, so she gets the prize :) These hats are quite amazing. They have a knitted look, and are made with wacky colors or just soft colors combined. Oftentimes they are double stranded and do definitely fit in the durable category.
Hat that looks most like Brett Harris’ hat: This was easy to figure out. Only one family even attempted this one. . . . So the winner is Myra! This hat is pink, but it looks so like Brett’s only in a girl form. That is amazing Myra, and I want the pattern now!!!
Best first hat: This totally goes to Myra’s brother! Good grief! I could never never make one like that first time. Good job “Myra’s brother!”
The Gitty Up Award: this category did not have much action in it, so I’m going to have to go a little wacky here. This prize is going to Dorcas for her bear hat that she made! This hat doesn’t make me want to get up and ride a mule, but it would make a mule do a major “gitty up” if I were riding him.

Most Creative: Tomato hat by Laura V; “polar bear” hat by Samantha (Sam’s friend); the amazing bunny hat by Andrea Naill; and Mary Beth’s elf hat
Most one of a kind: Samantha’s beret that she made up! I couldn't quite figure out how she did it, but she used a couple of different sizes of hookes and different stitches . . . it ended up being super cute!
Most elaborate: Jess Pruit with this hat. Ok, so I don’t think you can see the different stitches used, but it’s pretty funky. I really liked it and it made one super cute hat!
1 comment:
That is very exciting. Is it too late to still get in some hats that aren't finished yet?
Post a Comment