Friday, October 17, 2008

Update


We have 21 hats right now! That's 21 little heads of God's children that are going to be kept warm :) I have been able to get quite a few random people interested,and committed to making a hat. Last night one actually came over to my house and wanted to be taught :)

It's amazing, once someone get excited and involved, then they go tell everyone and more people get excited. I bet we'll make it to 200 hats! Don't you?

An important thing to remember as we all work hard to get our little hat(s) made is that we need to make sure we keep our hearts in the right place. I know for me, it's a major temptation to feel like I'm just this wonderful somebody who's collecting all these hats, but that is just totally not the case! There is no way on earth that I could possibly collect 200 hats by the end of November without God. To me, getting these hats will be such a witness of God's complete control over everything I do, because I am not big enough or powerful enough to do it, He's going to have to intercede. “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, [or crochet or knit or sew] or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31

Keep your hands busy!

~Charity

No comments: